Me: You have an Alaskan mother?
BB: Yes, her hair's pink. And she buys me all sorts of dolls and Barbies and beautiful dress-up clothes and slippers. And we live in a big big house, bigger than this one. And I have lots of siblings, at least ten, and we have lot and lots of fun. And I get to go to school everyday.
G: Which school do you go to?
BB: The same one that you do, except I'm in the "big" [Ms April's] class. I get to draw and make stuff and play with Polly Pockets and run around the playground everyday.
Me: What does your other Dad do?
BB: He goes to work everyday just like Dadda.
G: How come you didn't stay with that family longer?
16 May 2010
My Competition
I had to take the girls to Target to get some pictures printed, and while we waited, I let them admire the toys, ooh-and-aah over the dolls and princesses in particular. Of course they asked whether or not we could buy something and I steadfastly kept to my "no", so as we made our way to the registers, G lamented, "How come we don't have anything pretty [to play with]? Why don't you ever buy us anything pretty [to play with]?" (At least it wasn't a tantrum, right?) Then after dinner, BB was playing with a doll brush, i.e. a v. small one, and said, "My Alaskan mother bought me one of these."