I once joked with a single friend (no kids) of mine that when you have kids, you'll never go to the bathroom alone again. I don't know about other people's kids, but if I'm in there, they always find some excuse to be in there, whether someone hit someone and they've come to tattle, or someone has to use the potty. Maybe it's not so bad for me because we're all girls, but poor Daddy, I don't know how many times he's literally been run out of the place. And locking the door doesn't help because they'll either pound on the door until he relents, or it's an "emergency" for which you can't deny little bladders (or colons). It's gotten so that sometimes he has to retreat to the guest bathroom downstairs in order to get anything done.
Maybe you remember this one: this was just after my first attempt at potty training G, back in the day, and she "trained" Pippi instead.
