Over dinner – Burger King drive-through – that same evening, I had asked BB whether or not she'd had fun and she said, "Un-huh" (translation: yes). So then I asked her whether or not she wanted to go again. She gave it some thought and said, "I want to go swimming." In anticipation of Drew's return, I had wanted for them to go swimming together over at the community center, which has to be one of the best deals in the world; they've been probably four or five times now, and they keep wanting to go back. But what's funny is when G put in her two cents about either returning to "the pirate place" or going swimming. Though she's been very much looking forward to the latter, she insisted on going back to the pirate place "because the woman told her to". Now it was my turn to give it some thought: evidently, G took it literally that the woman at the Tunnel Voyage counter told us to "come back and see us again some time".
22 February 2009
Y'All Come Back Now, Y'Hear?
To break up the monotony of single-parenting, I took the girls somewhere new on Wednesday, despite the awful cold. I've had my eye on Tunnel Voyage for some several months now – we drive passed it all the time on I-470 – as a potential fun treat. It's like a McDonald's play place only three times bigger. G had a blast exploring and climbing and sliding and crawling; BB not so much. Because the structure is so extensive, some of the tunnels were what you might call "dark" and she'd refuse to go into them. In the end, I had to park Z in one of the tubes, get G to keep her company, and climb up and get BB. G didn't want to escort BB when I asked her to; and then when G did feel inclined to help, BB dismissed her – oh, for one of BB's little mother friends.
Over dinner – Burger King drive-through – that same evening, I had asked BB whether or not she'd had fun and she said, "Un-huh" (translation: yes). So then I asked her whether or not she wanted to go again. She gave it some thought and said, "I want to go swimming." In anticipation of Drew's return, I had wanted for them to go swimming together over at the community center, which has to be one of the best deals in the world; they've been probably four or five times now, and they keep wanting to go back. But what's funny is when G put in her two cents about either returning to "the pirate place" or going swimming. Though she's been very much looking forward to the latter, she insisted on going back to the pirate place "because the woman told her to". Now it was my turn to give it some thought: evidently, G took it literally that the woman at the Tunnel Voyage counter told us to "come back and see us again some time".
Over dinner – Burger King drive-through – that same evening, I had asked BB whether or not she'd had fun and she said, "Un-huh" (translation: yes). So then I asked her whether or not she wanted to go again. She gave it some thought and said, "I want to go swimming." In anticipation of Drew's return, I had wanted for them to go swimming together over at the community center, which has to be one of the best deals in the world; they've been probably four or five times now, and they keep wanting to go back. But what's funny is when G put in her two cents about either returning to "the pirate place" or going swimming. Though she's been very much looking forward to the latter, she insisted on going back to the pirate place "because the woman told her to". Now it was my turn to give it some thought: evidently, G took it literally that the woman at the Tunnel Voyage counter told us to "come back and see us again some time".