17 August 2007

Up and up!

All this last week, BB's been trying to pull herself up into standing. I say "trying" because she hasn't succeeded yet: the drive is certainly there. At first I wasn't sure what she was doing until about Wednesday or Thursday I saw her attempting the rungs of the kitchen barstool. So I have a picture, which I'll upload later, where I propped her up against our step stool and she was happy as a clam. Next thing you know, she's looking around, letting go of one hand, lifting one leg trying to make it to some next object. The child can barely crawl and she's already interested in walking, very nearly sure that she can.

Poor thing's also cutting about 6 teeth all at the same time. Sometimes when she's giggling at something, mouth open wide, you can just make out all the nubs of the teeth underneath her gums. It must be a terribly painful process. Thankfully, it looks like she's inherited Daddy's sharp teeth because they're cutting pretty quickly and without too much fuss. Two made it through just in the last 48 hours – four more to go.