06 August 2007

Babbling Commando

I don't know if we've hit another one of those developmental milestones, but suddenly BB is "talking" all the time now! When she's in a good mood, like when she's just woken up, she'll practice making different sounds, making them over and over again. I can see it in her face: she's actively listening to her voice and discerning the sounds. More importantly, she's realized that she's the one making the noises and she's absolutely ecstatic when I repeat her sound back to her, almost like we're having a conversation.

Some weeks ago, I was for sure that BB would be crawling by the end of the month, July that is. But it seems she doesn't particularly like the feel of carpet and will only practice her crazy crawling moves in bed – or on the pergo in the kitchen. Despite that, she's been getting around pretty well. Drew described it as being somewhere between the military "high" and "low" crawl, which is surprisingly effective when she's determined enough to get at something.