27 August 2007

My Thumb

Since I started work in earnest last week, I decided to get a happy plant to adorn my desk with: gerber daisies. Don't they scream "happy" and "shiny"? Every time I hit a snag in my work, my eyes would wander over to those beautiful blooms and for that moment it didn't matter that I couldn't find the proper reference. I was reading somewhere that women in high stress jobs benefit more from plants in their workspace – the colors relaxed them, if I remember correctly – than men. Sadly, it's been less than a week and I've already managed to ruin them. (Right now they're screaming "sad", "dead", "depressing". :( ) Maybe I over-watered, because the whole thing started wilting a couple days ago and the soil's still damp. So I'm on the hunt for a solution to resurrect my poor flowers. ...Well the flowers are probably goners, but hopefully I can save the rest of the plant, get a few more blooms before I really kill it dead.