Today is Z-Boo's birthday and that means something sweet. Chocolate chip banana bread! A little anti-climactic, I know, but since we're having a party for her (with a big cake) on Saturday, I figured something simple should be in order.

You know, come to think on it, I made 
I honestly can't remember what I got either G or BB for their first birthday, but Z got a dress. It's a size too big, but 75% off at Target says, she'll grow into it just fine.Like a moth to a flame, Z really wanted to touch her candle, so G held her hand. (G stated matter of factly that us girls should sing the birthday song in Chinese, while Drew had to manage the English version on his own.) And at the exact moment Z's finger makes contact, I blew the candle out so that I think she touched only hot wax: I cooled it with ice from Drew's drink. Poor baby managed a good cry on her birthday.
And as Drew's coworker was reminding us, we've now been here a year. I've actually been at it a couple of months thinking about our departure from Alaska and our arrival here in KCMO, and frankly I'm just not inspired. I can't love KCMO, but we undoubtedly have it good here. That's all I have to say about that.