I've been trying to come up with home textile experiments to make with my garage sale stash, items that I wouldn't ordinarily buy nice fabric for. My husband's-out-of-town project for this week, which I completed in less than an hour (on Wednesday): a clothespin bag. And I made my very first button holes! They aren't as pretty as I could wish, but they're functional and should stay the same size as far as holes are concerned. I can't wait to try it out next week though I'll be sorry for the return of hot and mucky.
My Thursday completed project is a pad to protect the top of my desk from the computer. (We have to swivel our iMac within the roll top desk in order to get discs in and out.) I included a little pocket for cord keeping, esp of the iPod, but it's badly placed so the cords have to be twisted awkwardly to get them in. I'm too lazy to fix it though because I already had to take the whole thing apart on account of my sandwiching the layers in the wrong order – again! argh! And I flatter myself that it looks nice enough as it is.
There won't be a Friday project because I have to work, which is good (money!) and bad (work...); and we're going to meet the Ss at the Slavic Fest in the evening.