Anyway the crinkling sound reminded me particularly of Espana (the cathedral in Burgos, above) and the Camino. A good number of pilgrims compartmentalize their belongings in an assortment of plastic bags to protect against rain and possibly damp clothing (from the previous night's washing). These same conveniences become a sadly noisesome burden to fellow pilgrims at 5 and 6 in the morning when these hamsters dig through their bags trying to get on the road.
11 June 2009
The Hamster Crinkle
I made one of these for Z last week. (See also the item in Z's lap in this post.) She's maybe a bit too old to fully appreciate my work, but she did gratify me by playing with it for a few minutes at least and it gave me a chance to practice. (I had my sewing machine serviced for probably the first time since I've owned it and I had in mind this title – Come Back to Me with All Your Parts – for a post that I might have written about the experience: the way all vacuum dealer and sewing machine repair places are kind of sketch; the repairman being out for several weeks turkey hunting; getting a couple of rolls of this stuff for dolla-fity a piece.) I wanted something easy to ease us back in since I still get confused about what order to piece things, that is, when you have to turn it inside out, and I need more experience with ribbon: half were maybe too close to the edge and I think they'll fray before too long.
Anyway the crinkling sound reminded me particularly of Espana (the cathedral in Burgos, above) and the Camino. A good number of pilgrims compartmentalize their belongings in an assortment of plastic bags to protect against rain and possibly damp clothing (from the previous night's washing). These same conveniences become a sadly noisesome burden to fellow pilgrims at 5 and 6 in the morning when these hamsters dig through their bags trying to get on the road.
Anyway the crinkling sound reminded me particularly of Espana (the cathedral in Burgos, above) and the Camino. A good number of pilgrims compartmentalize their belongings in an assortment of plastic bags to protect against rain and possibly damp clothing (from the previous night's washing). These same conveniences become a sadly noisesome burden to fellow pilgrims at 5 and 6 in the morning when these hamsters dig through their bags trying to get on the road.