Some of the changes are obvious: no patchwork, no handles, probably three times the size of the one in the tutorial. But there's a special bit of something-something that I had to incorporate given the size of mine, i.e. droop factor, something that I gleaned from someone else's blog I forget what she was making: cardboard inserts. Just in the short ends. Cut from a Kleenex box. I had a heck of a time getting them in, but it's done and it looks decently successful. I'm so happy, I could burst out with a gaffaw! But it might wake the kids. :)
16 June 2009
I'm So Proud: Fabric Basket
I'll spare you the puns, but let me just say, I am crafter, hear me roar! It literally took me all day, but I made this (below) following this – with some modifications.
Some of the changes are obvious: no patchwork, no handles, probably three times the size of the one in the tutorial. But there's a special bit of something-something that I had to incorporate given the size of mine, i.e. droop factor, something that I gleaned from someone else's blog I forget what she was making: cardboard inserts. Just in the short ends. Cut from a Kleenex box. I had a heck of a time getting them in, but it's done and it looks decently successful. I'm so happy, I could burst out with a gaffaw! But it might wake the kids. :)
Some of the changes are obvious: no patchwork, no handles, probably three times the size of the one in the tutorial. But there's a special bit of something-something that I had to incorporate given the size of mine, i.e. droop factor, something that I gleaned from someone else's blog I forget what she was making: cardboard inserts. Just in the short ends. Cut from a Kleenex box. I had a heck of a time getting them in, but it's done and it looks decently successful. I'm so happy, I could burst out with a gaffaw! But it might wake the kids. :)