We had a "party" last night, v. v. exclusive – it was Z's idea. I'm sure I didn't see you there. Maybe I was the first to get the invite because they knew they needed a chaperon. Such responsible girls. Next to arrive was BB, followed by G; Drew declined.
---
One downside to all this rain is the ants. They're not as bad as last year thank goodness, but I had a job of it this morning cleaning up. Though I would welcome a longish respite from this rain so the ants can get back to their business, I don't welcome the hot and sweltering humid that is no doubt to come.
---
And it is with much sadness that I am canceling my trip to Ireland this month. Long story in one sentence, the friend that I was to visit with will not be in Ireland at all this summer. In its stead, I'm planning a week-long tour of southern Missouri, which might not be as green and drizzle-y or have as many (any) ruined castles, but promises to be just as fun (of the state-side shopping variety).