
I've mentioned
before that I love blue and white together, particularly on my dishes, and for awhile now I've been seeking for a way to augment my current collection without breaking the bank. But of course it has to be my ideal shade of blue, and not too much of it, not overwhelming. As it happens, I was looking into the other
estate sale company here in town and they post pictures of the merch within a week of the start of the sale. So there was one starting yesterday that I stopped in at after dropping G off at school – they had a Mother's Day breakfast for us – and I snagged this set of lovely dishes (minus the wine glasses and decanter): eight place settings plus thirteen serving pieces including a cheese dome. The pattern is not identical to my own, but I've always liked those mixy-matchy sets that I've seen in Martha Stewart (e.g.
here).
Update: This Blue Danube must have been "the good china" because it's all in perfect condition, barely used it seems. Now where to put it, alas.