09 March 2012
Quote
During dinner, BB stated that she wanted to continue to live in our current house even when she's grown up and has a job of her own. Elaborating on the theme, G said, "When you and Mommy die [for some reason we have to die in order for them to do anything as adults], the four of us can live here, sleeping in our own beds: M in her crib; Z in her toddler bed; BB and I in our bunk beds. [Hysterical laughter.] And in the morning, I'll go to mass, BB will go to ballet, and Z will..." BB pipes in with, "Work at a restaurant!" G: "Yeah, work at a restaurant. [More hysterical laughter.] We don't know what M will do yet." After a period of thoughtful eating, G gets another brighter idea, "When Mommy grows up, and I don't need her anymore..." :( But I had to laugh at the fact that I'm not grown up yet.