On our last full day in Taiwan, I was, of course, frantically packing, slowly coming to the realization that not everything was going to fit in the luggage and also remain under the weight limit (50lbs/22kgs). What to take and what to leave behind?! Shiao YeePoh offered to mail some boxes for us, which would mean doing without for 2-3 months.
One of the things I decided to have sent after us was the card making kit that G got for Christmas. For one thing, G wanted to keep the carrying box, which does not lend itself well to economic packing, and secondly, that heat gun was heavy! Anyway Shiao YP convinced us to have a card making class so *I* would know how to use all those powders and brushes once we got it home. The first project was a basic stencil-embossed card, the girls were told to use a dabbing method when brushing on the color.
Next, the instructor had the girls make these double-layer danglies, which demo-ed an adhesive ink; sprinkled on a gold and sparkle mixed powder and melted it to the card. The instructor added the rivet with a pen-sized punch thing, kind of neat.
Only saw the first part of this final project, I decided to go home and finish packing. (After card making, Shiao YP took G and BB to afternoon tea.) As near as I can make out, the girls did a watercolor and then taped it to various other bits. The main white card is embossed in a flower-snowflake pattern, guessing they must have run it through a machine because of its uniformity.
M and her favorite blankie, which I requested to have shipped. It's super soft (and nearly threadbare in some spots) from years and years of usage. I even remember seeing it at my AhPoh's house when I was a kid, there's actually two identical ones, the other is located at ErLo.