We bid farewell to our occupational therapist this week. During our session on Monday, we decided there aren't any more concerns that need addressing as far as OT goes. Our first hurdle was lifting one's arms to tip the sippy cup, but that's one of those practical gross motor skills that kids easily find useful. In the last month or so, Z's really been taking an interest in stabbing food with her fork, and she's actually pretty accurate at getting it to her mouth, even if the food doesn't stay on the fork. I hardly ever let her use a spoon though, so I've compensated by letting her practice scooping with a cup in the bath (OT suggested): the same motion.
We're still visiting with our physical therapist, and even we'll be ramping up the number of visits in the next couple of months before she has her baby (so she doesn't have to make up the missed visits afterward). Drew's determined that Z's going to walk (independently) by Christmas: she's not so reluctant to walk by adult hand-holding anymore.
I've been waffling back and forth on whether or not I want to get a speech therapist for her. In talking with both the OT and the PT to get their points of view, and looking back on our experience of the past six months, I'm willing (at the time of this writing) to let her come to talking whenever she pleases. Presently, she communicates well enough without excessive crying or whining, so I think I can play along for some while longer.