09 January 2009
O Christmastide
Last night was OLL's school postponed Christmas program. Though I feared that G wouldn't participate in the preschool portion, I hadn't counted on the halcyon effects of that morning: she went straight to Ms Monika to be outfitted for her angel wings and halo. It must be remembered, however, that G fairly loves Tinkerbell right now, esp after the latest movie, and seeing all the other kids with their getup might have illicited some cooperation from her.
The preschoolers filed in from the vestibule among many smiling faces and flashing cameras, and sang two numbers: Happy Birthday, Jesus and Jingle Bells. Frankly, I'm amazed that G got even as far as the altar/stage, but she stood their dutifully next to her friend Sam – with her mouth shut and no smile. I'm so proud. Really. Unfortunately, though we tried, we were badly placed to get either a picture of her walking to the front or "singing". I noticed Easton's mom Jenny right down front though so I'm going to see if she's got copies.
At this point in the night, I'm not sure either of them should have been wearing those halos: it was way past bedtime and fighting over those angel wings – we filched the second halo from somewhere – was our excuse for slipping out during the older kids' performance of A Christmas Carol.