We started off with "German" omelets – cream cheese, bacon, and slices of tomato – that Drew made, perfect with "bocado", as M calls it, and mulberry juice.
Then we cleaned as we haven't cleaned in a long time. In the midst of it all, someone wrapped M2 and she slept, tasty burrito that she is. Interrupted, but happy.
All afternoon I cooked. BB helped wrap jiaozi: she's surprisingly good at it, though she needs to work on putting more filling in.
G made us a PlayDoh sampler plate of ?.
Pineapple cakes: excellent. Not like the Taiwanese version, but good enough for me! Had to change gears from wrapping jiaozi, as the shortbread-esque dough of the pineapple cakes crumbled easily. Thanks to Wong PohPoh so I knew what to expect.
Tried steaming a batch of jiaozi, but too slow for our purposes, so I ended up boiling the rest.
Also wanted to make a plate of steamed tofu with ground pork, a riff on mapo tofu, but my tofu was bad. So I dumped the ground pork mixture on my green beans, which was just as good. After dinner we got a call from AhPoh, and topped off the evening with the black and white Scarlet Pimpernel: sink me!