08 October 2011

2nd Place

We participated in our homeschooling group's First Friday of Fun day, which this month concentrated on language arts. There were word and spelling games galore, a writing contest, and a spelling bee.


I'm not sure how this game was played (letter recognition), but Z and M really liked throwing the air cubes around.

G bravely competed against two other 1st graders (left, Francesca; center, Peter) in the spelling bee, I was so proud that she went up there at all.

She didn't know how to spell her first word, "how", she stood there silent for probably a full minute and all the while the judges were encouraging her to just try, which is what I told her would happen. Anyway she muddled through, got the two words after that right, and lost to Francesca.

We had so much fun, the girls can't wait until the next FFF, which we'll be celebrating All Saints Day, albeit a few days late.