03 May 2013
She's Not Going to Take It...Anymore
Getting ready for school this morning Z told me, "Robert hit me in the face, I don't want to sit with him [on the bus]." Z recently got a new seat-mate, as I know the little boy that used to sit with her had been putting his hands in her face (but not hitting) and generally annoying her, but I figured she might still be referring to him, as I'd never heard tell of Robert before. When we got on the bus, Z absolutely refused to sit next to Robert. (I found out Clifton was the one with annoying hands.) I asked the bus driver, and we tried to seat Z next to Tony, but Z cried at that prospect. Finally, the bus driver moved Robert to another seat and agreed to seat Z next to Lucy. Z seemed happier with that, as she knows Lucy from the afternoon bus ride. I'm happy to see Z taking charge of herself.