That is one brave little girl! Lily, the sock cat, firmly in hand.
Wearing our backpack, filled with school supplies: a little heavy, but later came home virtually empty.
There's our morning bus. I think Z's the last one to get on in the mornings, last to get off in the afternoons (different bus and driver).
She didn't cry, didn't fuss (can you see her through the tinted window?), like I said, brave little girl for such a big experience that even her sisters have never had – they're kind of jealous. She gave us a little wave as the bus pulled away.
After we put her on the bus, we raced over to the school to see her get off, there were about a dozen other parents there. She seemed tickled to see us, but there was a momentary panic, I could see it on her face, as she was going into the building, she ran to me and almost wouldn't let go my leg. But the teacher escort managed to distract her long enough – still no tears or fuss – and we gave her the big-smile send-off.
Took the other girls on errands, since we were on that side of town anyway, and treated them to an early lunch at Costco.
As far as I can tell, Z had a great first day at school. Her favorite activity was the blocks, and the playground got a special mention. When asked if she wanted to go back tomorrow, she said "yes".