G collected her $5 from the Half-Priced Books summer reading program last week. (It would have been more, but I forgot to turn in June's reading log.)
She had a really difficult time picking something she wanted, there were so many choices (but not necessarily within her budget). Finally decided on a hieroglyphics interactive mystery book, as she's been reading up on pyramids and mummies and ancient Egyptians lately.
I scored a couple of Chinese (with zhuyin) storybooks off the clearance rack. Which I read Puss in Boots to myself over the weekend, it took me an hour! Shows how rusty my reading skills are. Curious to get into the second book, it looks to be a take on Thumbelina, except this little boy sets out on an adventure (instead of being stolen like Thumbelina), meeting a damsel distress along the way and doing battle with a monster, which somehow gets him transformed into a regular-sized person via a magical hammer, and happily ever after with said damsel.