Ballet lessons started up again yesterday – and BB had her first class! (G's 2A class is immediately following.) This year is a different teacher, Ms Rachel, who is decidedly much more serious than last year's Ms Amber, which I think will be good for both G and BB.
You probably can't tell, the girls' hair spent most of the summer up in "pone-tails" (as Z calls them) and braids, but I decided to lop about 6 inches off over the weekend. I think G's turned out pretty well, her hair is kind of fine and wispy like mine; BB's could have been better, I always forget how heavy and thick her hair is, so that I went back on the second day and did some layering, per Megan's instructions. Z's hair, I simply trimmed everything up, trying to even things out, which is difficult when she's constantly turning her head every which way and wiggling.