17 November 2010

If You Think It They Will Come

As I was preparing dinner last night, I had this thought: If Drew were out of town and I found a mouse in the house, I would make him come home *immediately*. Less than an hour later after Drew had come home from work and was in the basement looking for something (or quite possibly staring at his fermentation bucket), he found two mice. One went scurrying (rather slowly, he says) passed him, and the other dropped out of the insulation when Drew went rooting around looking for more. (I faint away at the thought of "more".) Anyway Drew spent almost the entire evening down there setting traps and trying to find their entry point, which turned out to be a knot hole in a wooden beam under our front porch that some rabbit burrowed in the previous owners' time.