Years ago, our first digi cam met with a worse fate on a marble floor in Istanbul. (Above are the last three pictures that camera ever took, of the Blue Mosque and of the Aya Sophia outside and in.) I recall it also fell on its outstretched lens, made a few sickening attempts at retracting the lens, and then nothing. We tried fixing it at our hotel room, for which I got shocked (by the flash capacitor), but it was no use. We ended up purchasing one of those disposable cameras for the rest of our vacation.
30 January 2010
Another Aya Sophya Moment
Speaking of dropped items, I was trying to juggle a banana and the camera the other day – not long after the rum jar incident – and lost hold of both. :( The lens was bashed in at a stomach-lurching angle and of course wouldn't close. After fiddling with the mechanism and, I'll admit, forcing a few things, I managed to get the whole working again, albeit not in the smooth fashion that it used to and the lens cover will probably be forever cockeyed. But I breathe a tentative sigh of relief that the damage wasn't worse.
Years ago, our first digi cam met with a worse fate on a marble floor in Istanbul. (Above are the last three pictures that camera ever took, of the Blue Mosque and of the Aya Sophia outside and in.) I recall it also fell on its outstretched lens, made a few sickening attempts at retracting the lens, and then nothing. We tried fixing it at our hotel room, for which I got shocked (by the flash capacitor), but it was no use. We ended up purchasing one of those disposable cameras for the rest of our vacation.
Years ago, our first digi cam met with a worse fate on a marble floor in Istanbul. (Above are the last three pictures that camera ever took, of the Blue Mosque and of the Aya Sophia outside and in.) I recall it also fell on its outstretched lens, made a few sickening attempts at retracting the lens, and then nothing. We tried fixing it at our hotel room, for which I got shocked (by the flash capacitor), but it was no use. We ended up purchasing one of those disposable cameras for the rest of our vacation.


