02 January 2010

Cat-Like Reflexes


G took a real liking to some of those ding-ling ball cat toys (at a friend's house) when she was a todd. So it stands to reason that other cat toys should be as fun. (That's Elizabeth's sister Emily – at their house for Christmas.)

These are December's pictures: not much you haven't already seen before, if you care to have a look-see.


This one in particular I'd like to point out however. I made those for the downstairs bedroom, my second ever window treatment project. When we moved in, that window had only one half-working – as in it came only halfway down – mini blind set on the left side. I don't know why the sudden need to acquire some privacy for our intermittent guests, but I'm sure they'll appreciate it. The hardest part was matching the splotches (sea foam green?) on the wall for which I had to drag Drew to the fabric store with me, i.e. he's more adept at textile color coordinating. After taking this picture, I decided to shorten them another couple of inches.