My AhGong had a personal tradition of treating other people to dinner to celebrate his birthday. Did it last year in Taiwan, so I thought I'd make it a new tradition of my own.
Last weekend was the first time I could get everyone together – Maureen and Shaw sat to the right of Elizabeth, that's their "Monica-cello" pressie to us in front of Drew; Mark came a little later because of work; the older girls had a babysitter, while M2 (between Drew and I) played quietly all through lunch –, we had dim sum at Pine & Bamboo Garden. Great selection, a little better service than what I remembered having at Bo Lings two years ago.
We stopped off at 888 Market on the way home and got a few things, among them, these "little mantou" biscuits. (They look like mini bread buns, hence the name?) Don't know what they're really called, honestly, they're not very good, but for some reason, kids love them. Thought this packaging was so cute.