Even super moms like me (mwhahaha!) have trouble keeping track of the sheer number of cups that get used – and "misplaced" – in a given day. Some days, I could swear I've washed every single cup in our cabinets – twice.
Enter the personalized cup mats. I first saw this idea a couple years ago, but only recently felt I had a great need for it, so it got bumped to the top of my projects list. Originally, I had wanted to do nautical alphabet flags (idea from here), but M's name and "Mama" presented a problem. A friend of mine has a set of ravioli felt squares (with initials) that one of her daughters made. I, however, wanted something unique to our family, i.e. not just our initials, since I'm going to the trouble of making them. While shopping for ideas, I hit upon some state outlines and thought, "This is it!", because each of us was born in a different state. Can you guess who belongs to which state?
There's even one for guests (pictured with backing fabric).