19 January 2011

Temper

I get so annoyed with M at night. First, she tosses and turns, which maybe the other girls did it too at this age, the difference being, when M bumps into one of the side railings, be it her head or her feet, she'll scream bloody murder and/or start crying. Now maybe the other girls did it too at this age, the difference being, they would have their little cry and have done with it, instead of carrying on as M does, where she'll have her cry, bump back into the railing, and start crying all over again – only to bump back into the railing and continue crying. It's enough to drive a person over the edge. One night I let her cry it out and she soldiered on for over an hour. A couple times I thought she'd cried herself to sleep, but then again with the rolling and the bumping and the crying. If I try to put her pacifier in, she'll only bat at my hands (and she has pretty good aim) and cry harder. She really likes being pat on the back, but I can't be doing that every time she wakes herself up.

Meanwhile, the other three are learning to sleep through anything.