02 November 2009

Handy Andy

My birthday's coming up this month and I was led to believe that I would be receiving a homemade laundry rack this weekend. After eagerly scouring Lowe's for all the required parts, I was informed that it would be a couple weekends more before I could put my present to good use: other necessities are currently on order: these things take time. I was going to regale you with pictures of the building process, of the lovingly finished product, but it seems you'll have to look at these pictures from October instead.


I think you can see some of the girls' personalities in their singing styles: BB's is a touch of the reckless abandon, loud and carefree...


G's is careful and "exact" even if her tone is a bit off.


p.s. The girls had a fantastic time trick-or-treating. First, we took them to Drew's former co-worker's house – he retired; 31 October is his wife's birthday so she likes to do it up big – for a spell; we hit up their cul-de-sac; and then they did about a dozen houses in our neighborhood. Z, who had fallen asleep minutes after we pulled away from our house, slept quietly until morning, missing everything including the candy. Sure, you may think me mean, but she's got a lifetime of candy-eating ahead of her, what's a few more months.